Do More with Your Score
Win a $2,000 prize*!
The Credit Union is here to help you make your money go further.
Earn entries for your chance to win one of five $2,000 prizes when you:
Free Credit Score
Join the Credit Union and get your free credit score
Life. Money. You.® Webinar
Attend or view virtual credit educational session
Meet with a Financial Coach
Share a financial goal
Turn Your $25 to $50, Just Like That!
You'll automatically receive a matching $251 from BCU
after you direct deposit at least $25 in the first 30 days
following account opening.
Know the 5 Pieces That Make up Your Credit Score
Achieve Your Goals with These Special Offers:
Maximize your earning power with up to 4.00% APY2 and unlimited monthly ATM fee refunds.2
Plus get your paycheck up to two days early with Enhanced Direct Deposit.2A
Don't let rising rates keep you from your perfect home. All CVS Health® and MinuteClinic® colleagues get 0.125% off published interest rates3 for new, primary, first mortgage loans (This can save you big over the life of the loan!).
Special: 11-Month Certificate of Deposit (CD)
Earn 3.50% APY5 when you open with a minimum balance of $500
A dedicated expert is here to help you get started.
Call 877-451-5610 or visit your local branch for assistance!
Call line is available between 8AM - 6PM CT.
Student Loan Refinance
Earn a $250 cash bonus7 with a Student Loan refinance of at least $10,000.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Credit Union?
A credit union is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution owned by its members. Credit unions offer the same services as banks, but the profit cycles back to members instead of stockholders. As a result, members benefit from higher earnings on deposit accounts, lower rates on loan products that typically have lower to no fees—bringing savings to the entire membership.
Who can join?
US and Puerto Rico employees, contractors, temps of partner companies and their extended families nationwide are eligible for credit union membership. See if you qualify based on one or more of the following criteria:
Employment-based eligibility: You are a permanent, temporary or contract employee of one of the several elite employer groups offering the Credit Union’s services as a valuable employee benefit.
Community-based eligibility: You live or work in one of six local community charter counties: Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane or Cook (north of 95th Street on the south side of Chicago) County in Illinois, or Kenosha County in Wisconsin.
Family-based eligibility: You are the immediate or extended qualifying family of an existing member related by blood, marriage, fostering or adoption. Eligible family members include: spouses, parents, children, siblings, domestic partners, grandchildren, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and cousins.
What if I open an account and then move or leave my company?
Once a member, always a member! Benefits of Credit Union membership will always be available to you and your family, no matter where life takes you. Relocating to a new area? No problem! Changing jobs? The Credit Union goes with you. Retiring? We're Here Today For Your Tomorrow. Our commitment to your financial well-being is truly a lifelong promise. We’re accessible 24 hours a day in all 50 states and abroad using our digital banking services and have many members who never set foot in a branch.
What benefits come with Credit Union membership?
Our members are the reason we exist and is why we help our members maximize their benefits with products and services like:
- Access to your payroll funds up to a day early with Enhanced Direct Deposit™
- High-interest Checking with ATM fee reimbursement
- Low rate loans for homes, vehicles, college tuition and more
- Easy access to your free online credit score with SavvyMoney®
- Complimentary financial education resources provided by Life. Money. You.®
Will my employer have access to my financial standing or account details?
No. Although we share a common interest in each employee’s Financial Well-being, your company and BCU are separate business entities. Furthermore, as your financial institution, BCU protects your private financial data and complies with stringent security standards.
What if I have limited access to a branch location?
At the Credit Union, we're always looking to make it easier for you to Connect Your Way, so you can bank when and where you want through Digital Banking. Plus, once you’re a member, you’ll have access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs and Shared Branches nationwide.
How do I join the Credit Union?
The easiest way is online and completing the 10-minute online membership application. Be assured that this process is safe and secure. You can also contact us if you have any problems in the process.
What is a Certificate of Deposit (CD)?
A Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a savings account that holds a fixed amount of money for a fixed period of time, such as six months, one year, or five years, and in exchange, the issuing institution pays interest. When you cash in or redeem your CD, you receive the money you originally invested plus any interest.
How long to I have to work at CVS Health to take advantage of this benefit?
Eligibility begins on day 1 of employment. Once a member, always a member, no matter where you live or work. ALL of your family is eligible for lifetime membership, too.
*Open to eligible, legal U.S. residents who are CVS Health colleagues; must be 18 years or older unless prohibited by law. Offer valid 3/1/2023 through 5/31/2023. Receive one (1) entry for opening a new membership with the Credit Union. Membership must be opened by 5/31/2023. To verify Credit Union eligibility, visit BCU.org/Membership-Eligibility. Existing members are not eligible. Receive one (1) entry for attending or viewing a credit educational session shared on BCU.org/CVSHealth by 5/31/2023. Receive one (1) entry for scheduling and completing a 1:1 appointment with a Credit Union representative. 1:1 appointment must be scheduled, not necessarily completed, by 5/31/2023. No-shows will be disqualified. Receive one (1) entry for sharing a financial goal on BCU.org/CVSHealth. Five (5) prizes of $2,000 each will be awarded. Winners will receive the prize as a deposit into their Share-01 Savings account. A non Credit Union member winner, who does not wish to open a Credit Union membership will receive the prize as a check. No other substitution for prize allowed. All federal, state or local income, sales and use taxes or other taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. Prize Winners are required to provide their Social Security number for tax reporting purposes and will receive a 1099 Miscellaneous Tax Form for the value of the prize. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve the person’s chances of winning with an entry. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Five (5) winners will be selected among all eligible entries in a random drawing to be conducted on or about 6/9/2023. Winners will be notified via phone call or email. BCU’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this offer. BCU, at its sole discretion, may terminate, in whole or part, and or modify, amend, or suspend this promotion in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice. BCU reserves the right to validate the winning entries. Participants agree to release, discharge or hold harmless the sponsor, its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and others engage in the development and creation of this offer from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or relating to their participation in this offer or the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize received in this offer. BCU employees and immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this offer. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: On a 3’’ X 5’’ card, hand print your name, work phone, and email address, and mail it to BCU, Attn: Do More with Your Score by 5/31/2023. Sponsored by BCU, 340 N Milwaukee Ave, Vernon Hills, IL 60061.
1. Offer available to CVS Health colleagues who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older unless prohibited by law. Offer valid 3/1/2023 - 5/31/2023. (Offer Period). Non-members, receive a $25 deposit for opening a new BCU membership and setting up a direct deposit of at least $25 in the first 30 days of account opening. A person seeking Credit Union membership must also meet at least one of the criteria found at www.BCU.org/Membership-EligibilityNew Credit Union membership must be opened by 5/31/2023 to be eligible for offer. New members will receive the $25 as a deposit into their Share-01 Savings account on or before 7/31/2023. Existing members are not eligible for the offer. No substitutions for deposit allowed. Offer limited to one (1) deposit per person. Void where prohibited. BCU's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this offer. BCU, at its sole discretion, may terminate, in whole or part, and or modify, amend, or suspend this promotion in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice. Participants agree to release, discharge or hold harmless the sponsor, its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and others engage in the development and creation of this offer from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or relating to their participation in this offer or the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize received in this offer. BCU employees and immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this offer. Sponsored by BCU, 340 N Milwaukee Ave, Vernon Hills, IL 60061.
2. To earn monthly dividends and reimbursements of other banks' ATM surcharge fees up to $5.00 per transaction, your account must meet all three of these requirements monthly to qualify for Level 1 or Level 2. Please note, ATM surcharge fees are covered up to $5.00 per transaction, any remaining ATM surcharge fee over $5.00 will not be reimbursed.
To achieve Level 1, you must have monthly direct deposits totaling at least $1000 into your PowerPlus Checking account on an ongoing monthly basis, enrollment in eStatements and completion of at least fifteen (15) qualified transactions.
To achieve Level 2, you must have direct deposits totaling at least $3000 into your PowerPlus Checking account on an ongoing monthly basis, enrollment in eStatements and completion of at least thirty (30) qualified transactions.
Qualified transactions include any combination of the following: BCU Debit Card PIN, Debit Card signature, credit card purchases, Online Bill Pay or ACH payments, which will apply toward the monthly requirements in the month they post to your account. Credit card transactions that post on the last day of the month will be applied toward the following month's transaction total. Accounts not meeting all monthly requirements will not earn dividends and will not receive reimbursements of other banks' ATM surcharge fees. Rates accurate as of 3/1/2023.
The dividend rate and annual percentage yield (APY) may change at any time. Balances up to $15,000 will earn the stated higher rate and the portion of the balance over $15,000 will earn the stated lower rate. See rate sheet or website for current rates. There is no minimum balance required to earn dividends. Dividends are paid monthly and calculated based on the average daily balance method. Fees may reduce earnings.
PowerPlus Checking is available as a personal account only and is limited to one account per member. When Opted In, if you do not have sufficient available funds in your checking account to clear a presented item, funds may automatically transfer from your savings or money market share and may count towards withdrawal limitations for that savings or money market share (Electronic funds transfers from savings and money market shares, which include overdraft transfers are limited to six per month). Each electronic funds transfer in excess of six per month is subject to a $3 excessive withdrawal fee. See Service Charges and Fees Schedule in Consumer Member Service Agreement for further details. PowerPlus™ Checking is a trademark of BCU.
2A: Enhanced Direct Deposit allows you to receive payroll and other electronic deposits up to two days ahead of your scheduled payday. It’s important to note, funds are not AVAILABLE for you to spend until they are reflected in the AVAILABLE BALANCE. Please be sure to confirm available funds in your account before withdrawing against this deposit. While BCU will try wherever possible to advance payroll direct deposits by up to 2 days, availability of funds ahead of the original scheduled pay date is not guaranteed. You should not rely on Enhanced Direct Deposit to satisfy the needs of scheduled bill or loan payments, or any other date-sensitive financial obligations.
3. To be eligible for the corporate mortgage benefit program (CMBP) pricing rate discount, you must be a current employee at CVS Health. You may need to provide proof of employment or affiliation. For first mortgage purchase and refinance transactions of a primary residence, the maximum CMBP pricing rate discount is 0.125% off current BCU published rates. CMBP pricing rate discount and relationship pricing rate discount may be eligible to be combined. CMBP pricing rate discount may not be combined with any Relocation Services program benefits, or any other home loan promotional offers. Certain mortgage types and/or terms may not be eligible for the stated rate discount. Loan approval is subject to credit approval and program guidelines. Not all loan programs are available in all states for all loan amounts. Interest rates and program terms are subject to change without notice.
4. Mention this offer to your Loan Representative to determine if you qualify to receive the bonus. Upon approval and funding of the loan, you will receive a cash bonus of $200.00. A minimum loan amount of $10,000 is required to receive a cash bonus. Current BCU loans are not eligible. May not be combined with any other vehicle cash promotional offers. The total amount financed may include proceeds for loan protection coverage such as Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC), Prepaid Maintenance, and Loan Payment Protection (LPP). The cash bonus will be awarded in the form of a deposit to your Credit Union savings account within 3 business days from the funding date of the loan. Offer expires May 31, 2023.
5. Promotional rate accurate as of 2/1/2023 and subject to changes. The minimum deposit required to open a Certificate Account and obtain the above Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is $500. The APY is based on the assumption that dividends will remain in the account until maturity. A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal. Penalty may reduce earnings.
6. Offer only available on new accounts only. You will receive $200 cash bonus after making purchases totaling at least $1,000 (exclusive of credits, returns and adjustments) that post to your account within 90 days of the account open date. Account must be in good standing to receive the cash bonus. After qualifying, the cash bonus will post to your rebate balance within one billing cycle.
7. Upon approval and funding of your student loan you will receive a cash deposit of $250. The cash deposit will be awarded in the form of a deposit to your Credit Union checking or savings account within 90 business days from the funding date of the loan. Additionally, a minimum loan amount of $10,000 is required to receive this cash deposit. Limited to one cash bonus per member. Cash bonus offer expires 6/30/2023.